Spring Offer Is To Get WP Bundle of 65+ Themes At 15% Discount " TPRIDE15 "   
Get Premium WordPress Themes At 20% Off "GETPRO20"

508 compliance

HOME Forums Support 508 compliance

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Michael Meisberger
    Participant

Your Author Writer Theme is a good template. I have one question about 508 compliance with the Color Universal Design best practices. The theme is built on a white background (which is a best practice) but the font link color is a brutal bright orange color that makes it super difficult to read for vision impaired and those with problems viewing a screen. I have searched the options and have not been able to find any way to change the color of the text link from bright orange to a much darker color. Is there any way you can help me with changing the color of the text links to a darker color? Perhaps some CSS code or some other wizardly magic, please? Very best regards, Michael. P.S. Feel free to download my free ebooks if you stop by my website at dpebooks.com.

support
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out!

Please add the below code at Appearance -> Customize -> Additional CSS

#main-content p a, a, a:hover {
    color: #0693e3;
    }

Please try the above and let us know.

Thanks

Michael Meisberger
    Participant

Support, The CSS code you provided worked flawlessly. Thank you very much.

support
    Participant

Pleasure.

Michael Meisberger
    Participant

Support, Quick question about other pages I have built and your CSS code: Other pages I created like About, Blog, and Ebooks text links do not have the darker color text links to comply with 508. REF: dpebooks.com.

Do I need to place the CSS code into a particular location for other pages on the website to have the darker text link color? Any assistance you can provide will be of great help! Thanks in advance for your assistance/guidance.

support
    Participant

Hi,

Please add the below code at Appearance -> Customize -> Additional CSS. It will work for all the pages.

#theme-sidebar .textwidget a, #footer .textwidget a, .comment-body a, .entry-content a, .entry-summary a, #main-content p a{
    color: #0693e3;
    }

Please try and let us know if it works for you.

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Translate ยป